Version references in documentation

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 20:03:35 EDT 2010

Hi Tom, welcome back, hope you had a good one.

On 2010-09-01, at 15:48, Tax Assistance Program - ( taptax ) wrote:

> Hi Yawar,
>
> Just starting to catch up on my email now that I am  back at work.  It will take me several days to get back in the groove.  Thanks for keeping me posted.

Sure. Sometimes, with an overwhelming number of messages, I just work backwards from the most recent threads.

> I will try to remember to contact you when I get current.  I will need to check in to see where you are versus my progress.

I've done some very basic stuff so far--defining the current stable version as 2.2.9, and current unstable as 2.3.15. The plan is to sprinkle these entities--`&vers-stable;' and `&vers-unstable;'--throughout the XML files to make them automagically refer to the correct versions throughout.

Another trivial but repetitive change I've made is to use the already-present `&app;' entity everywhere instead of the name `GnuCash'--this should guard against spelling errors and familiarise people with entity usage.

You'll probably need to update your working copy of the repository, and rework any work in progress a little bit. I'd be happy to help directly if you have any issues, or if you just want to send me your WIP to adjust.

Cheers,

Yawar