Gnucash

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 09:44:57 EDT 2010

Hi Geoffrey,

On 2010-09-08, at 03:00, Geoffrey Tonks wrote:

> Hi Yawar,
> Thanks for getting back to me.
> I did what you suggested, I did find the dbus-daemon and quite that, but I still can't get rid of the gnucash disk icon on my desk top.
> I can, and have already several times, deleted the apps file from my apps folder, but the disk icon is still on my desktop and when I try to eject it I get the following message.
> >"Gnucash-Intel-2.29" is in use and could not be ejected<
> I've tried opening the file again, then ejecting the disk, but it still comes back with the same message.
> I tried deleting the apps file again and then ejecting the disk, still the same message.
> Spotlight seems to indicate the only file on my computer called Gnucash is the disk icon on my desktop.
> What do you suggest?
> Geoff

Hmm, looks like others have had the same problem with different Mac apps, if you do a quick search: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=dmg+%22is+in+use+and+could+not+be+ejected%22

Generally the advice seems to be to double-click the disk and open it up, then Option-drag (meaning Alt-drag, drag while holding down the Alt key on the keyboard) the GnuCash app file out into the Applications folder. Then eject the disk image by going to Finder and clicking the eject symbol next to its name on the listing to the left.

There is also a more powerful way to do it here: http://www.carbonsilk.com/development/ejecting-a-os-x-mount-when-files-are-in-use/ but you have to be willing to use the Terminal app (you can find it with Spotlight as usual), you'll have to type in one or two commands as shown on that web page (and press Enter after each).

Hope this helps,

Yawar