r20516 - gnucash/trunk/src/libqof/qof - Remove a set of kvp_frame functions which are unused throughout gnucash.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Apr 6 11:11:43 EDT 2011

Zitat von Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:

> Christian,
>
> Christian Stimming <cstim at code.gnucash.org> writes:
>
>> Author: cstim
>> Date: 2011-04-02 16:17:42 -0400 (Sat, 02 Apr 2011)
>> New Revision: 20516
>> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20516
>>
>> Modified:
>>    gnucash/trunk/src/libqof/qof/kvp_frame.c
>>    gnucash/trunk/src/libqof/qof/kvp_frame.h
>> Log:
>> Remove a set of kvp_frame functions which are unused throughout gnucash.
>
> Why did you remove all these nice kvp_frame_add_*() helper functions?
> I realize they aren't used, but they do complete the kvp_frame API and
> future development *might* use them?

I removed them because they are unused. I suspect all the other
kvp_frame API is already sufficient and/or easier to understand so
that all of us have rather used the other API.

Those functions are also untested. This means it is quite likely they
contain bugs.

In case anyone sees the need for this additional API, new functions
should be added together with unittest coverage of them. But with
neither unittest coverage nor actual usage I'd vote for removal.

This changes as soon as anyone implements anything throughout gnucash
where he/she additionally decides that such an API call is helpful.
We've been quick to add such calls in the libqof parts as soon as they
are actually used. This can be done in this case just as well. But for
now, they have been and still are unused -> removal.

Regards,

Christian