Win32 trunk build failed

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Apr 13 13:53:35 EDT 2011

On woensdag 13 april 2011, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> The win32 trunk build failed last night while trying to build goffice.  If
> we've decided to replace the graphs with the javascript-based one, shall
> we just remove goffice and replace with the new graph engine?

I would consider it too early for that. The javascript-based graphs have just
been added, and need to be tested and tuned more before they can replace the
goffice version in my opinion.

The goffice build fails by the way because it doesn't find the extracted
libgsf tarball in $TMP_DIR. This is a bug in the build scripts:

A libgsf build deliberatly leaves the directory in $TMP_DIR and a subsequent
successful goffice build will remove this directory to save diskspace. However
a future goffice build without a libgsf build will not find the required
directory where it should be, and hence fails.

I have removed the libgsf installation directory to force a rebuild. Let's see
what tomorrow's build does.

Geert