GnuCash GSoC application outcome

Ajay Thomas ajaythomas.inc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:41:14 EDT 2011

Christian,

I thought gnucash had 4 student allocations but only 3 were selected. You
had mentioned that in a mail to Marcin Copik (
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GSoC-Application-td3435491.html). Were
you short of mentors? I thought Geert was to be a mentor. Also, I read that
google would provide a mentor if an organization wasnt able to provide
enough mentors.

I would like to get some more feedback related to why my proposal was
rejected. This way, I can atleast improve myself for the next year's GSoC.
Was it because it was an idea of my own and hadn't been chosen from the
ideas list? Plus does fixing bugs hold any value when it comes to GSoC or is
it completely based on proposal?

--
Ajay Thomas
II Year, Comp. Sc. Engg.