Bug #658247

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 08:25:48 EST 2011

I've just reverted my last commit regarding this bug(!fix).  In doing
so I *think* I've found some redundant code.

In gnucash-bin.c, instead of calling gnc_ui_new_user_dialog(); on line
729 I replace that with gnc_file_new (); and delete dialog-new-user.c/h
along with fixing up the Makefile and a couple of edits in
assistant-hierarchy.c I end up with the desired behaviour for shiny new
users.  So my question is, does gnome/dialog-new-user.c do anything
other than what it did, badly, before?  Admittedly I've only tested
this on Linux, it may be required for Windoze or Mac I guess.  Am I
missing something?  It is only called from the one place.

Mike E