.sig files on SF ?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jul 2 12:38:12 EDT 2011

On Jul 2, 2011, at 9:22 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> On Sat, July 2, 2011 11:50 am, Geert Janssens wrote:
>> I notice that older documentation uploads are accompanied by a .sig file.
>> How
>> is that generated, and should I generate one also ?
>
> My guess is they are PGP/GPG signatures.  I have no idea what key is used
> or who has access to it.

The current Gnome practice is to make a text file with a SHA-256 hash of the tarball.

I think that such files are more trouble than they're worth and besides make little sense for documentation. We don't do anything with the program files, where it might make some sense, so I wouldn't bother with the docs.

Regards,
John Ralls

Regards,
John Ralls