Perl module to work with gnucash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jul 19 19:23:35 EDT 2011

On Jul 19, 2011, at 6:58 AM, Ivanov Dmitry wrote:

> Hello, is there a good Perl module to interact with Gnucash - I didn't find any. Or is there a description of XML for the gnucash files,  so I could create it myself.

No, but Gnucash is already set up with SWIG, so it should be pretty easy for you to write a module that exports the gnucash API to perl.

Don't try to work directly on a data file. There's too much "business logic" in the gnucash API for that to work well even for querying, and you can easily make the data file invalid if you try to write to it without going through the API.

Regards,
John Ralls