And yet another stable release, 2.4.4, soon?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Mar 10 17:05:47 EST 2011

Dear all,

there has been a bugfix for an annoying windows bug recently in r20380, "Bug
#521817 - Guid_init causes very long startup delay if Novell Network active".
IMHO this already justifies another stable release, 2.4.4. After all, that's
what stable releases are for - fixing bugs and that's it. Can we have such a
release within the next days? I've verified "make distcheck" runs without
error over here, hopefully also over at your other machines.

Regards,

Christian