Quartz version of GnuCash and dbus

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun May 29 12:55:08 EDT 2011

On May 20, 2011, at 4:58 PM, John Ralls wrote:

> On May 20, 2011, at 4:49 PM, Mike Alexander wrote:
>
>> --On May 20, 2011 1:50:54 PM -0700 John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>>
>>> (The configuration change was the blindingly obvious
>>> "--enable-launchd", and I'm also setting the plist installation path
>>> to $PREFIX/etc/dbus-1 so that it's easy to bundle and different
>>> builds don't step on each other.)
>>
>> You might also add "--without-x" but you may be getting that by default.  Since you got that error message about not having X11 available, I assume you are, but adding this makes it more explicit. Otherwise this looks fine.
>
> Actually I already had --without-x. I might have gotten launchd support automagically had I not disabled it.

When it came time to do the release, an interesting wrinkle: On PPC only, using launchd for dbus confuses dyld so that it can't find the shared libraries for gconfd. Works fine on Intel, both 10.5 and 10.6.

Very strange, but I had to revert to the shell script dbus launch for PPC on the 2.4.6 release.

Regards,
John Ralls