I probably did something wrong; having configure problems.

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Fri Nov 18 11:33:06 EST 2011

This is the actual message I get.

checking for ./src/swig-runtime.h... no
configure: error:

It looks like you are NOT building from Subversion
but I cannot find swig-runtime.h.  Check your PATH
and make sure we can find svnversion in your PATH!
Either that or contact gnucash-devel at gnucash.org because
the tarball you downloaded is broken.

hendrik at notlookedfor:~/dv/gnucash/workspace/gnucash$

Now the funny things are:

(1) I am building from subversion, except that to avoid messing with my
pristine copy, and to avoid accidentally uploading junk in case I should
ever get upload privileges, I'm using a copy of the downloaded-by-svn
source code that does not have the .svn directories in it.

Do build details really depend on the presence of .svn directories?

(2) I can find svnversion in my $PATH.

hendrik at notlookedfor:~/dv/gnucash/workspace/gnucash$ echo $PATH
/home/hendrik/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/home/hendrik/
bin/i686/:/usr/local/cm3/bin/:/usr/local/Gambit-C/current/bin/
hendrik at notlookedfor:~/dv/gnucash/workspace/gnucash$ which svnversion
/usr/bin/svnversion
hendrik at notlookedfor:~/dv/gnucash/workspace/gnucash$

(3) But indeed, I can't find swig-runtime.h anywhere either.  Where is it
supposed to come from?

-- hendrik