Git Migration: github with svn access

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 04:08:26 EDT 2012

Hi Reuben,

:
>> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git
>> Where is the Problem? ;-)
>>
>> Frank
>
> Yes, I have read that. Look at the directions for sending a patch and
> notice the comment that forking github projects doesn't work. Compare
> that to the widespread github work-flow of forking a repo, committing
> changes, and then submitting a pull request. The latter is *much* more
> user friendly than manually creating patches, logging into bugzilla,
> filling a bug, submitting a patch...

Because of http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Subversion#SVN_write_access the
first time you should send your patches via bugzilla.

When I tested git, it was easy really easy to submit patches.
But in between, because I prefer revision numbers over hashes, I stick
with svn. Once configured in http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Eclipse also
easy to use.

Frank