Question in regard to OFX 1.0.2 or 1.0.3

Martin Preuss martin at aquamaniac.de
Sun Dec 9 13:45:47 EST 2012

Hi,

Am 08.12.2012 21:39, schrieb David Reiser:
> gnucash 2.4.11 with aqbanking 5.0.23 sends "VERSION:102" in the request header. I believe version 1.0.2 has been the one used by aqbanking since the first time OFX was included.
>
>  There is a Client UID field in the OFX DirectConnect setup in aqbanking. If there were an out-of-band way for a customer to establish a unique Client UID and then enter it in the aqbanking setup, it should work. I believe that if a value is entered in the aqbanking Client UID field, that value and its tag are sent at the appropriate place in the OFX connection initiation.
>
> As Martin hinted, there is precious little (nothing?) in the way of documentation for the in-band establishment of Client UID as is done in Quicken via some OFX connection dialog. If I'm understanding the description of ClientUID, that field is used to recognize a given instance of software which can be paired with user authentication to further guard against fraud. I don't think ClientUID is intended as user authentication on its own. But the OFX standard is frequently  hard for me to understand, and especially so for the ClientUID addition.
[...]

Yes, and there is also a setting for the header version (currently 102,
but it can be changed to whatever appropriate).

I have no idea what this ClientUID really is used for and how it can be
obtained. If this is a special thing introduced by Intuit and which
isn't well enough documented then I guess there is no way for us to
retrieve such an ID...

However, a bank which uses this mechanism should have this information,
and maybe someone is inclined to share it with me... ;-)

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/