Git Migration: github with svn access

Andy Clayton q3aiml at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:20:06 EST 2012

On Jan 28, 2012 4:30 PM, "Christian Stimming" <christian at cstimming.de>
wrote:

> Am Freitag, 27. Januar 2012, 19:04:10 schrieb Andy Clayton:
> > Is the switch to git stuck on 1) the sed crash on windows after adding
> > git and then 2) porting the build scripts?
>
> Yes, both.
>
> The porting of the build scripts is a task that I thought I could look
into,
> but don't have had time for it so far.
>
> The sed crash indicates a conflict of msys-git's msys environment with the
> build server's main msys environment. Maybe we can live with that by
calling
> git by its absolute path so that its msys DLLs are not in PATH, but I
haven't
> checked this further.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christian

Thanks for the update. I tried getting gnucash to build on windows 7 in a
virtualbox VM so I could look into this and other issues, but performace
was horrible. Configuring and compiling a single dependency took hours.
Apparently this is somewhat expected even without the VM because fork isn't
cheap on windows, but I am wondering what others have found. Are things any
better with the official vmware builder? Or has anyone tried and had better
luck with KVM instead of virtualbox? I have also read that Windows 7 may
have msys performance issues, so I am not entirely sure what to change
first. Or maybe avoiding it all and cross compiling is the best answer.

Andy