Invoice reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 4 14:04:54 EST 2012

Christian Stimming <christian at cstimming.de> writes:

> Well, the first reference to fancy-invoice.scm can be found in r8651, and the
> commit message says
>
>      * src/business/business-reports/fancy-invoice.scm: a fancy invoice
>     	  report, to show what else is possible.  It's not really useful per
>     	  se, but it is another example for users.  To be useful it requires
>     	  some custom editing.  Thanks to Oliver Jones for submitting the
>     	  changes.
>
> I guess this reasoning lead to the addition of each of the additional invoice
> reports...

The printable invoice was my first implementation, made purely to get
the information out there.

The fancy invoice was an "update" (sample) to make it look better; in
particular it looks more like "standard" invoices.

I don't know the story of why we got the "easy invoice".

> IMHO one report should have been sufficient. But removing one of them
> will for sure make some percentage of the users unhappy
> (temporarily). I don't see an easy solution for that as well.

I'm afraid I don't know, either.  I think the best way to move forward
at this point would be a way for the user to specify which report would
be their "default" report.  This way the 'print' button would call into
their chosen report instead of always calling into the "printable
invoice" report.