GNUCash Android Application - GSoC

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Thu Mar 15 18:14:57 EDT 2012

Dear Atul,

thanks for showing the interest in a GSoC program in the context of GnuCash.
Obviously you already found our wiki page, which is indeed the starting point
to get involved into the project.

HOWEVER: So far GnuCash is a "normal" C program intended to be used on the PC
as a single user. Hence, as a part of this project you would need to come up
with a good idea on how to get the data from the Android device into the
database of the existing PC-based GnuCash program. Currently the PC-based
GnuCash has some data import functions, but those might not be suitable to a
regular repeated import of data from a different device. This aspect needs
some serious thoughts during your application phase, so that your project
application already contains some viable proposals on how to deal with this
issue.

Best Regards,

Christian Stimming