example library calls

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 28 04:41:06 EDT 2012

Hi,

Danny Holstein <dgholstein at embarqmail.com> writes:

> Thanks so much, that's a great link.
>
> The first response I got to my posting (from John R.) accused me of being delusional, I didn't quite see how that was fair since a "make install" creates shared libraries in the /usr/local/lib/ directory.
>
> To me, with the python bindings and all, and discussions on the mailing list that recommended using the library instead of posting directly to the database with MySQL -- I think my question really should never have been characterized as delusional.

I think the issue is more that you need to be careful because there is
no guarantees on API stability.  So you will need to watch and be
mindful that APIs may change between releases -- even patch-level
releases -- because we have no guarantees of API stability.

Also, we don't make it easy to link against the GnuCash C Libraries.
There is no .pc file, for example, and we have no test cases that make
sure that all the proper .h files are distributed.

-derek