Question about Platform Support

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 11 17:50:59 EDT 2012

On May 11, 2012, at 12:02 PM, Jacquelyn Sykes wrote:

> I looked all over your web site and this is the only e-mail address I found.
>
> I've been using your program for both Linux and Windows operating systems
> and really like it.
>
> I recently bought an Android 4.0 tablet. Do you have any plans to develope
> an Android version of GnuCash? If yes, when do you think it might be ready.
>
> Unfortuneately, I don't have any programming skills to help with it.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

You should have looked a little harder: You want gnucash-user at gnucash.org.

No, Gnucash itself works only on Linux, Microsoft Windows, and Mac OSX. A student is working on a companion program for Android as a Google Summer of Code project. It won't implement Gnucash but will rather serve to collect transactions for later import into Gnucash.  You can have a look at his proposal at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BGRBPlT7Iq-_UmncmLO9vSsnNrGj2g7Xjo1qazDggWg/edit

Regards,
John Ralls