Software Requirements Gnucash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Nov 1 10:12:14 EDT 2012

On Nov 1, 2012, at 2:10 AM, Christian Stimming <christian at cstimming.de> wrote:

> Dear Eva,
>
> thanks for your interest in gnucash. The normal communication with the project
> is done by sending an e-mail to the gnucash development mailing list.
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists
> Please subscribe to the "gnucash-devel" list and send your question there.
>
> As for myself, I don't know the full answer to your question. To my knowledge
> there doesn't exist any formal SRS. The last collection of implementation
> structure is here: http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/C_API
> As for requirements, there was some discussion on the mailing list about 2
> years ago - you might find this in the archives.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Christian
>

> Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2012, 15:07:45 schrieben Sie:
>> Dear Sir,
>>
>> I\'m a Computer Science university student in Aristotle
>> University of Thessaloniki.
>>
>> I\'d like to know if there is a Software Requirements Sheet
>> (SRS document) for Gnucash project. If there isn\\\'t ,I\\\'d
>> like to write it due to the project in my university course
>> \'Software Engineering\' and so contribute to the Gnucash
>> project. I have found it on sourceforge.net and I\'d like to
>> ask you if you could help me if there is any need in the
>> next 2-3 months.
>>
>> Thank you for your help in advance

I tried to respond to her, too, using the SF user ID she'd CCd. It bounced for "no such user" (which I think it does if there is a user, but s/he has blocked receiving mail at the SF address). I'm quite sure that "noreply at sourceforge.net" goes directly to the bit-bucket. I didn't change my reply address from *my* SF email, so it bounced from here, too, and I didn't re-send it since I got the bounce message from SF. There doesn't seem to be any way to search for users, so there isn't any way to get back to her unless she reappears on one of the lists or tries again with a valid email address.

Regards,
John Ralls