GnuCash for Android now available in the Play store!

Muslim Chochlov muslim.chochlov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 09:07:15 EDT 2012

Good work Ngewi!
It's really nice to see your contribution to the project is keeping
its original tempo.

Had no problems with installing application from Google store.
However, my biggest concern now is an export into desktop application.
I remember during gsoc we decided to stick with existing OFX
functionality of GNUCash, though originally OFX format was intended to
be used to retrieve bank statements. Therefore, it is not an optimal
solution for what Gnucash mobile does, which is tracking everyday user
expenses.
I didn't have time to check how export works now, but if you didn't
make any major refactoring it shouldn't have changed a lot, right?
Anyway, what are your plans for handling this.