Idea for the website

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Nov 2 15:25:49 EDT 2012

On 02-11-12 20:10, Cristian Marchi wrote:

> Il 02/11/2012 19.19, Geert Janssens ha scritto:
>> - disadvantage of the fixed with/height: if the contents doesn't fit,
>> a scroll bar is added to the iframe itself. So you can end up with
>> two scroll bars. There is no way around these limitations with pure
>> html/css. It may be fixed with javascript (found some references on
>> stackoverflow in that direction), but didn't bother to investigate
>> that. If people like the new way, I leave it as an exercise for
>> someone more experienced in webdesign to pick this up.
>>
> This is the only drawback I can see. If you pass me your references
> I'd like to try to investigate a solution in the long run.
Yes, I think so too.

Here are the references:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/819416/adjust-width-height-of-iframe-to-fit-with-content-in-it
-> Several solution are proposed, which are all slight variants to the
theme. I'm not sure it any of these fit our use  case exactly, but
perhaps they are relatively easily modified.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4562289/css-and-iframe-how-to-view-the-full-page-without-scroll-in-the-iframe
-> This page eventually has a link to an ajax based example, but I'm not
sure if that applies in our case.

>> Tell me what you think of this. Is it worth promoting to the main
>> website ?
> I really like this "integrated" way of showing the documentation!

Thanks!