Git migration - github vs code.gnucash.org

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 6 10:10:58 EST 2012

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

> John,
>
> From what I see you and Christian have the most experience with
> working in git. So I'm tempted to follow your advice. The above is
> mostly my opinion, but clearly limited due to a lack of experience.
>
> So for now, the proposal stands as:
> - github -> master repo for non-committers, highly visible, easily forked
> - code.gnucash.org -> canonical repo, only used by the core developers
> (anyone with commit access to current svn)
> - a sync will be set up to push each commit in code directly to github.
> All other details so far as described in the previous mails in this thread.

I am fine with this proposal.

I'm debating whether we want to use individual accounts on code or move
to something like gitolite that would allow for easier remote
administration to the git repository(ies)?