Git migration - github vs code.gnucash.org

Ngewi Fet ngewif at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 11:44:01 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:
>
> > Why can't we set up commit hooks on each that immediately push to the
> > other? Yes, there's a small chance of a conflict if two people push
> > changes of the same file to each repository at the same moment, but
> > the team is so small that that likelihood is infinitesimal.
>
> My main concern is that code.gnucash.org winds up with changes that
> weren't pushed by an 'authorized' developer.
>
> My knowledge on these matters may be limited, but I was just wondering:
if Gnucash is setup as an organization on Github and the core devs have
access to this repo, then nothing would ever get into it which was not
pushed
or merged by a core dev right? So the sync b/w GitHub and code.gnucash.org
would only deal with commits from core devs.
So how would the scenario you describe occur?

Cheers,
Ngewi