GnuCash release schedule

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Nov 7 06:09:12 EST 2012

For those interested, I have created a tasktaste instance for the
Gnucash 2.6 release [1]. I saw this in use for gimp 2.8 and decided to
try it for GnuCash as well. Tasktaste is a very simple tool which an
project a release date for 2.6 based on a list of tasks. I have entered
tasks to be done (based on the feedback I got so far from John and Alex,
my own tasks and the milestones in bugzilla) and added a rough time it
will take to finish these tasks (expressed in manweeks). Additionally, I
have set an average workforce of 2.

These are obviously very rough estimations, but it indicates that with
what we still want to be done, we won't make March for the release.

Note that the manweeks are not to be taken as in a typical business. It
means the amount of work a person can do in one week. In reality that
person may have only one hour available per week. If he needs 10 hours
to finish the task, that would count as 10 weeks on the tasktaste schedule.

Anyway, if you have other tasks to add, or think my estimation is wrong,
please let me know. Unfortunately there is no way to have multiple users
manage one project, so I'm set as the only admin. Not ideal for a
community project, but it was mainly an experiment.

Geert

[1] http://tasktaste.com/projects/gjanssens/gnucash