GnuCash statistics

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Fri Nov 30 16:16:41 EST 2012

I would like to create some graphs about GnuCash downloads. I noticed
that sourceforge makes available the data for every file in json format [1].
What I would like to do is to create a script that download all the
files for the GnuCash 2.4 releases (11 files as of now), reads the
downloads number associated to a month, and create a formatted file
(rows of downloads and date) to be imported in calc. I looked for a way
to do this but I had no luck. Can someone with a better experience with
json files give me a hint on how to do that?

Thanks for any help!

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20%28stable%29/2.4.11/stats/json?start_date=2010-11-01&end_date=2012-11-30