Completion of translation into Arabic language by 55%

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 07:50:02 EDT 2013

Dear Abdulsalam,

Am 17.04.2013 19:20, schrieb عبدالسلام عبدالعزيز:> Completion of
translation into Arabic language by 55%
 > GnuCash 2.4.10
 > Online translation project
 > https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/gnucash-2410/language/ar
 >
 > name : abdulsalam alshilash

many thanks for your work. On a first glimpse I saw a small issue in the
section starting in Line 127 ff:
Only the one letter abbreviation should be translated, the prefix should
remain untranslated. These abbreviations are shown in the reconciliation
status column of the account register.

@Christian: Seeing a right to left written language, I get the
impression, we have a bunch of strings like /src/bin/gnucash-bin.c:93
ff.: "The last stable version was ", "The next stable version will be ",
which implicit assume all languages are left to right written.
Shouldn't we replace them with something containing parameters for
Packagename and versions. So translators could put them at the right
place in the sentence.

Frank