Wish List

Carsten Rinke carsten.rinke at gmx.de
Sun Apr 28 04:20:25 EDT 2013

Hi Shahram,

I'd suggest that you put your ideas into Bugzilla bug reports and mark
them as "enhancements".
(see also http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla)

BUT:
- Be very precise about what you suggest, and give as much context
details as possible.
- file one bug per idea, do not put many ideas in to few bugs, this will
be hard to track

To give you an idea what other readers might not fully understand
(meaning right now: what I do not understand):

- allow multiple row selection in "main window"
-> what is a "main window"? For me, the main window is the part where
the accounts list, the reports, and the account registers are tabbed. So
my guess is, you refer to the account registers, but, as said, this is
only a guess.

- allow deletion without reconciliation
-> deletion of what? Accounts? Transactions? Splits? Budgets? Scheduled
transactions? ... you see what I mean?

- allow deletion of transaction
-> this is already possible in the account registers. Does that delete
button is not working for you?

- Transfer column
-> again guessing that you now switched context to option selection in
the report option selection dialog. Obviously, there are some options
that you would like to be grouped. In case you file an enhancement bug,
name at least some of the reports, if not all, that you want to have
improved, and name exactly which options you are referring to and how
you propose to have them grouped.

- automatically delete files from the GnuCash folder
-> please describe, why the given possibilities (given in the
preferences) are not sufficient from your point of view to achieve this
goal

Having said this, I do not mean to discourage you. The more precise you
are, the higher the chance the others understand your point, the higher
the chance your wishes come true :-) )

Kind regards,
Carsten