How does GnuCash import OFX double entry transactions?

Ngewi Fet ngewif at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:32:58 EST 2013

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if someone can explain to me how GnuCash for desktop
handles importing double entry transactions from OFX files. There is an OFX
BANKACCTTO tag which specifies the destination account when used in
conjunction with BANKACCTFROM. (see attached sample OFX)

But it seems to be ignored during import. Does GnuCash take this into
consideration or am I missing something?.

Right now, users of the Android app need to manually match double
transactions again on the desktop which is a lot of work.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Ngewi