Issue running git-svn-mirror script on code

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 28 12:40:44 EST 2013

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

> In order to do so, you will have to configure gitolite to look for
> hooks in the gitolite-admin repo. Here's a starting point:
> http://sitaramc.github.com/gitolite/cust.html#hooks
> http://sitaramc.github.com/gitolite/cust.html#pushcode
>
> Basically, you set LOCAL_CODE to some location inside the
> gitolite-admin repo and create the directory structure as shown in the
> second link. Then we can add hooks in hooks/common. From what I
> understand, gitolite hooks are just like git hooks, with the exception
> that the "update" hook is reserved for gitolite.

Yep, I did this over the weekend.

I also added an email script, but it's untested and also doesn't
completely fit our needs because it doesn't support two lists (-patches
and -commits).

> So we need to figure out what is the equivalent git hook to svn's
> post-commit, and write a script that does what we want: send mails
> upon commit. From
> http://git-scm.com/book/ch7-3.html
> I find a post-commit hook that can be used or the server side's
> post-receive. The former is closer to the svn's post-commit, so is
> probably the easiest to work from.
>> Once we do this then we should make sure that the only account that can
>> write into the github repos is the code-gnucash-org account that I set
>> up specifically for the server automation.
>>
> Except for some admins maybe, just in case something goes out of sync
> and some manual intervention is needed. Anyway, modifying these write
> permissions is straightforward on github.

Fair enough..