GnuCash releases ?

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Fri Mar 29 15:18:33 EDT 2013

Am Freitag, 29. März 2013, 10:12:50 schrieb John Ralls:
> On the trunk build, the POTFILES complaints are about the source files to
> build a couple of stand-alone programs, fini and financial. These are built
> with a hand-rolled makefile in src/app-utils/calculation called
> Makefile.calc. It's not part of the regular build. When calculation was a
> separate module these sources were included as an EXTRA_DIST in the main
> Makefile.am, but that was dropped when Christian moved them into app-utils.
>
> Has anyone *ever* used or even built them?
>
> Unless someone speaks up really soon, the two files that are part of the
> library are moving up a level into app-utils and the rest of calculation is
> going into the bit-bucket.

The executables can be removed, sure.

I'd prefer to continue having the code files itself in the subdirectory
"calculation". The "calculation" code is a standalone unit  for those
financial calculations and not dependent on glib or any other gnucash parts.
Moving it plain into app-utils would loose the information that those 4-5
source files make up a unit of its own. Only within gnucash this unit
thematically belongs into app-utils, which is why I've moved it there.

Regards,

Christian