Gnucash reports

Peter Broadbery p.broadbery at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 16:04:13 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've been modifying the report code to remove the current rather bad
quadratic behaviour it sometimes displays.  Current results take a 10
second multi-year balance report down below a second.

Would there be interest in getting this work into trunk? Obviously, it
needs further cleanup and testing, but I thought an early heads up to
the mailing list would be useful for getting comments.

There is a work in progress in
https://github.com/pbroadbery/gnucash/tree/topic/pab/blah-reports. It
adds new reports (prefixed with 'blah' for no good reason), so they
can be run side by side with the existing reports.  It also adds
various simple tests that exercise both the standard reports and my
modified versions.

Regards,

Peter