Proposed feature requests on uservoice: Do we want them, or decline them?

Benjamin L. Naber benjamin at project23d.com
Tue May 7 20:47:47 EDT 2013

decline!

Many of the desired features are already there, if people would actually
*learn* how the use the application to it's fullest extent.

It's apparent to me, folks are looking for a turn-key solution to every
thing, or a silver bullet to all their accounting, and inventory needs.

I've been using GNUCash for desktop for a few years now I still have to
discover all that it can do. Given the fact it's open source, and I knew
how to program, or knew someone that did, I can make it [GNUCash] do
just about whatever I want.

I think some folks are also just trying to be real cheapskates. They
don't want to pay for what is already out there to solve their business
financial/logistical issues.

In my defense, I love free stuff, but I'm not a greedy heinous person
that takes without giving something in return. While I'm not a coder by
anymeans, I'll support financially, or give back to the open source
community in other ways. But also too, some folks just don't give back,
which is fine. I'm happy with folks who use and like what I produce.

~Benjamin