Texinfo files in src/doc

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Tue Nov 5 16:33:58 EST 2013

Am Samstag, 2. November 2013, 16:34:11 schrieb John Ralls:
> I noticed this in the change list while preparing the release:
> > commit 96f52a43e641f09a3ec10086dee8c8aab3623cf6
> > Author: Frank H. Ellenberger <f.ellenberger at online.de>
> > Date:   Mon Oct 28 01:02:53 2013 +0000
> >
> >     Rename .texinfo files to .texi to get rid of the autogen.sh warning.
> >
> >     I am wondering if anybody still uses the content of this directory.
> >
> >     git-svn-id: svn+ssh://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk@23344
> >     57a11ea4-9604
> I wonder if anyone *should* still use those. It’s been 6 years since
> Christian added a warning about them being obsolete, and with one exception
> 12 years since any of them received substantive editing.
>
> Maybe it’s time to delete them.

Yes, maybe. On the other hand, part of the text explains concepts that still
apply today. Such as the scheme report framework and how it works in
principle. Isn't it funny how parts of this have still survived over 12 years
in project life?

Oh well, it should probably be deleted and that's that.

Regards,

Christian