r23397 - gnucash/trunk/src - Bug 336843: Attach images/files/urls to transactions.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Nov 17 13:19:10 EST 2013

On Nov 17, 2013, at 9:02 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Sunday 17 November 2013 08:13:21 John Ralls wrote:
>
> > Geert,
> >
> > When I tested it on a Mac, gtk_show_uri failed because it depends on
> > gvfs which isn't at present a GC dependency, so please at least put
> > back the Mac bit -- which I'd already fixed so that it works.
> >
> > If you can get it to build and work on Win32 without resorting to
> > Win32 calls, great, but let's not add any new Gnome dependencies.
> >
> If I understand this correctly, gvfs is only required for non-local uris. What I did for Windows was enforcing local-only uris and then using gtk_file_chooser_get_filename instead of gtk_file_chooser_get_uri.
>

> But my test box is taking too long to complete the build. I'm out of time for today.
>
> John, if you want to do a release, the quickest solution is to replace INT_PTR with int in gnc-gnome-utils.c.
>
> I have seen several examples like this on the net. I'll push my changes for 2.5.9 if/when I get it sorted out. These changes shouldn't conflict with the string/feature freeze.

Geert,

The error message implied that gvfs was required to figure out what type of file was being opened, but that's actually not material because Patrick's UI includes an "associate URL" menu item that presents a dialog to enter an unrestricted URL.

I'll fix the win32 case and do the release; we can figure out what to do next when you have time.

Regards,
John Ralls