Latest 2.5 build crashes at start

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Tue Oct 22 05:39:12 EDT 2013

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:56:52 +0200
Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Monday 21 October 2013 10:53:06 Mike Evans wrote:
> > The latest devel version crashes at start with:
> >
> > * 10:32:03  WARN <gnc.scm> *** GnuCash switched to a new preferences
> > system *** * 10:32:03  WARN <gnc.scm> Attempt to migrate your
> > preferences from the old to the new system * 10:32:03 OTHER
> > <GLib-GIO> Settings schema 'org.gnucash.dialogs.import.ofx' is not
> > installed Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
> >
> > On Linux FC18.
> >
> > My config options are:
> >
> > OPTIONS="--enable-debug --with-html-engine=webkit --enable-python
> > --enable-ofx  --enable-aqbanking"
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Mike E
>
> Mike,
>
> I have run into this a couple of times as well. There seems to be a bug
> in the build macro for gsettings.xml files (which comes straight from
> glib).
>
> I don't know the exact details, but in some circumstances the schema
> files don't get compiled if there are already compiled schemas. So if
> you have built gnucash without ofx support before and then reconfigure
> to also build ofx support, the ofx schema won't be built.
>
> IIRC this can be worked around by removing the installation directory,
> running a make clean in the build directory and then build/install
> again.
>
> Note that the same can happen with the optional aqbanking support.
>
> If someone can pinpoint the exact cause and knows a fix that would of
> course even be better.
>
> Geert

Thanks Geert and John

I started doing a bisect yesterday, but I was interrupted, then I broke "something" so it won't build at all. :(

Now the build fails with:
swig-core-utils-python.c:3624:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'gnc_gconf_get_path_prefix' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
swig-core-utils-python.c: In function '_wrap_gnc_gconf_set_path_prefix':
swig-core-utils-python.c:3643:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'gnc_gconf_set_path_prefix' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

I'll get back to it today.