GnuCash OFX import not matching accounts of same ID

Ngewi Fet ngewif at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 18:08:49 EDT 2013

> I don't think it would break anything to have it do a look-and-see and

>  > fall back to current behavior if it does not find a match.
>

> Agreed, If you look at the GNC Account GUID >first<, I cannot think of any
> current use case it could break.

Good to know, thanks.

At the moment I am trying to export QIF from the Android app.
GnuCash keeps asking for a "default" account name to import into and says
the QIF file does not specify an account (4th page of the import wizard).
Here is an example QIF file content that I am currently generating :

!Type:Cash
D2013/9/11
T-42.00
LAssets:Current Assets:Petty Cash
SExpenses:Charity
$42.00
^

It is a double entry transaction and I expected the "Petty Cash" account to
be automatically picked up as the starting account and "Charity" as the
destination. But GnuCash does not seem to do so.
I even tried a variation of removing the acocunt information and putting
the double entry as two splits, but it the prompt for a default account
still shows.

What am I doing wrong? How can I make GnuCash not ask for a default account
each time? Or do I misunderstand how the import is supposed to work?

Thanks in advance
Ngewi