AqBanking version in OS X Build

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Apr 21 15:43:42 EDT 2014

On Apr 21, 2014, at 12:14 PM, Sebastian Kempken <mailings at sebastian-kempken.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’ve run into a problem with accessing credit card transactions in GnuCash and traced it to the AqBanking version embedded in the current OS X distribution of GnuCash (2.6.3). According to the build scripts available on Github [1], the version of AqBanking included in the GnuCash distribution should be 5.0.25, which is the most recent one officially released by the AqBanking developer. However, there have been a number of „Beta“ releases since [2], and 5.0.28beta or newer seem to solve my initial problem [3].
>
> Is there a particular reason why GnuCash on OS X does not ship with a newer version of AqBanking?

Yes: Martin has marked all more recent versions as “Beta”. I’ve been waiting for him to do a stable release, though perhaps he thinks it’s never been stable and plans to mark everything “beta” from now on.

His

> Would it be possible for someone of you to provide me with an experimental build including 5.0.28beta or newer of AqBanking?

No, but since you wrote to the developer’s list you’re surely able to do that yourself.

Regards,
John Ralls