need for KvpFrame vs "/path/for/key" in key/value store

Sébastien de Menten sdementen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:36:27 EST 2014

Hello,

I was wondering why there was a need for a KvpFrame type when the key was
nevertheless holding the full path to the value, for example a Book may
have the slot:

 "options"  : a frame holding
   "options/Accounts" : a frame holding
      "options/Accounts/Use Trading Accounts" : a boolean

If the names where just
 "options"  : a frame holding
   "Accounts" : a frame holding
      "Use Trading Accounts" : a boolean
then "options/Accounts/Use Trading Accounts" would be an hierachical path
across several frames to end to a value.

But as we have anyway
  "options/Accounts/Use Trading Accounts" : a boolean
why do we need the frames "options" and "options/Accounts" as we already
have the path/to/key that gives an hierarchical structure to the keys ?
Is it due to an historical decision ? Is it still useful today ?

kr

sebastien