make fails

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Dec 24 22:52:05 EST 2014

> On Dec 24, 2014, at 6:12 PM, GnuCash <gnucash at wvit.net> wrote:
>
> Not sure if this should be under the other emails, but I'm unable to get
> this to work for the last little bit, the error is similar.  I've tried
> to use "git clean -fdx"  and then even wiped it all and started again,
> but still having the same error..
> gnc-int128.hpp:229:41: error: 'UINT64_MAX' was not declared in this
> scope
> gnc-int128.hpp:229:53: error: 'UINT64_MAX' was not declared in this
> scope

C++11 is required for master. Either your compiler is too old and is lying to configure about its C++11 status or you have a defective stdint.h. Even if you manage to solve this problem it's likely that you'll have more as the C++ rewrite proceeds.

We are deliberately pushing the envelope on compiler capability here in order to use the new language features; not all current stable distros are going to be able to build master, never mind even slightly obsolete ones. Sorry.

Regards,
John Ralls