Python bindings: patch, documentation, examples

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 14 11:17:05 EST 2014

David Osguthorpe <david.osguthorpe at gmail.com> writes:

> what is the Query interface - is that the libqof functions??

yes, see qofquery.h

> Is there an example which shows how this is done - I dont remember
> seeing any query functions
> for budgets in gnc-budget.c

They wouldn't be there.  QofQuery is a generic framework used for
everything.

But much of GnuCash doesn't use it because it has always loaded all data
from the data store into RAM and then used that cache.  For multi-user
support it cannot do that anymore and all uses must change to use the
Query interface to pull from the database.