gnucash master: Multiple changes pushed

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jul 6 13:09:56 EDT 2014

On Jul 6, 2014, at 6:38 PM, Sumit Bhardwaj <bhardwajs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> That works - to an extent. gcc fails and the current configuration is:
>  -Werror -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
>
> Configure doesn't fail, but that the flags are far fewer than earlier. Is this, what we want to go ahead with?
>
> If anyone wants to look at the changes in macros/m4_ax_check_compile_flag.m4 and configure.ac, I have pushed the changes to master  repo on my github (https://github.com/bhardwajs/gnucash).
>
> Cheers,
> Sumit
>
> P.S. - Apologies for a two-month hiatus. Work drained a lot of time and energy. Should be better now. :)

Real life does have a nasty habit of intruding.... ;-)

Anyway, what do you mean by "works to an extent"? What we want is for that test to fail in configure and for the rest of GC to compile correctly. If my hack to AX_CHECK_COMPILE_FLAG does that, excellent, I'll push it. If not, please post details so I can figure out the next thing to try -- or figure out a fix yourself and make a patch for one of us to push on your behalf. We can work with a github pull request if that's more convenient for you than a BZ.

Regards,
John Ralls