Trying to build gnucash on Mac 2.9.2 using jhbuild: help?

Jeff Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Tue Mar 4 21:53:04 EST 2014

John,

I gave it major effort tonight.  In the first round, I reran
gtk-osx-build-setup.sh, reran jhbuild (failed), selected "wipe directory
and clean", retried (failed again).

In round 2, I removed everything related to gnucash/jhbuild from my home
directory (.jhbuild* files, gtk*, Source, .local, gnucash-stable,
.subversion) and started from scratch: download gtk-osx-build-setup.sh,
download new .jhbuildrc-custom, follow the instructions on the wiki from
the beginning.  Same error in Webkit, see attached.  I wondered what "pull
the latest gnucash-on-mac" meant; I thought starting from scratch would do
that anyway.

While waiting for stuff to compile, I spent time reading thru the developer
wiki pages.  I groaned when I saw the blurb at the bottom of the page
"Gtk-OSX does not yet support Universal Access."  That is the one thing I
was hoping (someday) to accomplish, so my visually impaired wife could use
gnucash.  At least I can export accounts to csv, pull them into Excel and
have that read text to her -- something Quicken can't do.

Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D
Senior Server System Administrator
Colby College,
4214 Mayflower Hill,