Working example of kvp acess in Python

Christoph Holtermann c.holtermann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 13 12:55:05 EST 2014

Am 13.11.2014 um 17:50 schrieb Christian Stimming (mobil):
> From my understanding, there are two separate issues here:
>
> 1. You are proposing a new object "Company" because you have reasons for needing new data fields. I think that's a good idea. Why don't you prepare a patch to extend the existing objects?
>
> 2. You ask for kvp access from python. No, we prefer not to have kvp accessed from python. Instead, either use gobject properties (on master), or add a new object on the C side as mentioned above and add python wrappers for this.
Surely adding an object on the C side would be the more robust approach. Can you tell me an object that already exists
and that could be taken as an example ?

I don't really understand the gobject concept though and what the difference to my approach is.

It seems some work until we have something we're all happy with, though ;-)

> Regards, Christian
> --
> Sent from mobile.
regards,

Christoph

--
--- Nachricht gesendet von C. Holtermann ---