Wiki page for design documentation

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Sep 15 15:10:07 EDT 2014

On Sep 15, 2014, at 11:49 AM, Carsten Rinke <carsten.rinke at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> following the advice I have created a Wiki page
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Project_and_Design_Documentation
>
> Currently I feed it with what I found in doc/projects.html, so far I transferred the architectural design goals.
>
> How should the review procecess look like?
> Shall I notify you with every section that I think is "ready" (i.e. when I cannot update myself anymore without further help)?

Thanks. I looked at it yesterday and it seems like a good start. Seeing support for OFX in “Looking Into the Future” really drives home how long that material has been ignored!

What do you have in mind for the “Decisions” and “Rules” sections?

You can report progress as often as you like. Wikis are collaborative, so rather than reviews others will just edit what you’ve written. We can discuss here, on the “talk” page associated with Project_and_Design_Documentation (Maybe we could shorten that to just “Project Design” or even just “Design”?), and on IRC as you prefer. Frank and I check the “Recent Changes” page frequently for spam suppression, so we’ll know about changes within a few hours of your making them, but I don’t know about others, so perhaps periodic updates here would be worthwhile as well.

Regards,
John Ralls