GNUCash Translation Files- Additional Languages

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Sep 23 10:38:17 EDT 2014

Hi Chandrakant Dhutadmal,

Thank you for your submission of these translations.

I have a few questions for you.

First, I notice you have sent the same translations yesterday already.
What made you send them again ?

Secondly, to include the files in gnucash I would need to know the iso
abbreviation of each of the languages.

There is one I know: for Konkani in Devnagari script we use 'kok'. Can
you provide me the proper codes for Bodo, Hindi, KashmiriDV, Marathi,
Tamil, Telugu and Urdu ?

Next I notice that most of the header sections are incomplete:
Can you fill in the missing pieces ? These parts need some additional
info in all the files you have submitted:

# SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
# Copyright (C) YEAR THE PACKAGE'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER
# This file is distributed under the same license as the PACKAGE
package.
# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL at ADDRESS>, YEAR.
#
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2014-04-24 10:10-0400\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2014-06-06 17:45+0530\n"
"Last-Translator: a <b>\n"
"Language-Team: Tamil <kde-i18n-doc at kde.org>\n"
"Language: \n"
"Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=n != 1;\n"

You can look at the already existing translation files to learn what
this header typically looks like. The existing translations can be found
here:
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/tree/master/po
If in doubt, feel free to ask for some additional help.

And finally, it would help a lot if the files were already named using
the iso abbreviation of the language, just like it is done with the
translations in the above link. So for example the Konkani file would be
named "kok.po".

If you can correct these small issues, I'd be more than happy to include
these great contributions in our code !

Thank you for this effort.

Geert