Question about upcoming release

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Sep 27 05:14:36 EDT 2014

On Sunday 21 September 2014 12:06:05 David Carlson wrote:
> I just noticed as I was installing a recent weekly build (August 11
> approx) onto a test machine with Windows vista that the default themes
> were a part of the installation.
>
> My question is whether there is a risk that some Windows users who
> have customized some of the things that have been discussed recently
> in the user mail list might lose their customization if they upgrade
> to release 2.6.4?
>
> David C

David,

The customizations are normally done in files that are not part of the
installation. The installation only  writes default values.

There is one important exception. Changes to the environment file will
get overwritten. So if you made changes to this file it's advisable to
make a copy of it before running the installation.

I know of two reasons people sometimes alter this file:
- to move the .gnucash/.gtkrc-2.0 and other configuration directories
from the user's home directory into a separate directory.
- to change the language used by gnucash.

Geert