Flickering drop down boxes on mouse over

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.co.uk
Wed Dec 30 08:14:09 EST 2015

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 09:40:48 +0100
Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:

> On Monday 28 December 2015 15:12:26 Mike Evans wrote:
> > The dropdown selection boxes in a register or invoice view flicker, as
> > if they're having multiple refreshes, each time the mouse pointer
> > enters or leaves the box. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm Using
> > Fedora18 32 bit OS.  I'm not quite sure when this started, several
> > weeks or so. Just asking here before I file a bug just in case it's
> > not GnuCash but some other system glitch.
> >
> > Mike E
>
> I only got to testing this now.
>
> I'm seeing this as well on Fedora 22, 64bit.
>
> I never noticed this before because I'm usually using keyboard navigation in
> the register views.
>
> Geert

It appears this is related to display settings in KDE, at least in my case it is.  Logging out and in using the failsafe options, in which I just get an xterm, GnuCash doesn't have this issue. Neither does my laptop running PCLinuxOS and KDE.

I'm just remembering that some months ago KDE screwed up my settings (again) amongst the issues was the disappearance lots of icons. My usual recovery method is deleting .kde directory and starting again. I'm thinking that this is about the time the trouble started. I also note that the button to activate the dropdown is round not square like it used to be and on my laptop. Somewhere in my settings/themes/appearance setup there's probably a way to bring some sanity back to the desktop settings. Somewhere...

Mike E

--
PGP key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x00CDB13500D7AB53