Doxygen Code Documentation

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Sep 1 09:57:27 EDT 2015

> On Sep 1, 2015, at 1:43 AM, Matt Graham <matt_graham2001 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for responding so quickly guys!
>
> FYI John, I’m not planning on commenting line by line - just commenting all the methods/variables/structures so that people can see how things interact whilst browsing doxygen pages. I’ll try to get around to reading your recommended book, but it probably wont be for a few days.
>
> I like Derek's idea of commenting blocks of code, but I'll probably only do this for areas that look really hard to understand (and probably more for myself than for submission).

Matt,

Just to be clear, Doxygen comments should describe how to use a function: What it does, variables, return values, and side effects, etc. How the function works should be in plain comments and should be limited to explaining bits that are “hard to understand”, i.e. not idiomatic.

Regards,
John Ralls