Help finding files to move to new PC

Joe Chando jchando at rcn.com
Sun Sep 20 15:49:10 EDT 2015

I had a hardware failure (motherboard) so all data should be OK,  I had
used checking.gnucash as the file name (or so I thought) that was stored
in a checking account folder.
When I moved the files to the new PC all the data appears to be there
except that everything is listed by it's sub account, there is no longer
a top level account.

I did a search by date and the Checking.gnucash was the only file I saw
that was large enough to contain everything.
I also tried copying the .gconf .gconfd .gnucash folders to the new PC
which did not seem to make a difference.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I am using version 2.2.9 for windows.
Original file was on Win7 machine.
New PC is Win 10.