Business 'fancy date format'

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Nov 9 00:38:20 EST 2016

> On Nov 8, 2016, at 2:24 PM, Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> After I sent this I thought that was the case, if you have not changed it there will not be a KVP value in the book. Just checked the raw file, the only KVP value for Business is the Company name I put in. Fired up my test file and as above the combo box is showing UTC but obviously no KVP to retrieve so report fails.
>
> Added this to display (gnc-default-strftime-date-format) and it shows '%B %e, %Y' which I think is November 8, 2016.
> Is that equivalent to UTC ?
>
> Looks like the reports need to test for a valid date format otherwise use the default above.

Bob,

UTC is a time zone, not a date format. Perhaps you meant ISO-8601 format, which would be 2016-08-11. Ideally the default would be set by the locale, so %B %e, %Y for the US and %e %B %Y for pretty much everywhere else (modulo Amin's Jalali calendar).

You're testing master, right? There might be a difference in the formatting boost::date_time vs. maint's GDateTime that needs to be addressed. I just tested with 2.6.14 and got the expected date in the upper right on the Customer Report, having not set a format in File>Properties.

Regards,
John Ralls